Phonetic Transcription and Word Stress
English Alphabet and English Sounds
There are 26 letters in English. Out of it 20 letters are consonants and 5 are vowels. The letter ‘Y’ is semi vowel
b c d f g h j k l m n p q r s t v w x z
a e i o u
There are 26 letters in English alphabet. But the number of speech sounds is 44. Out of 44 the number of vowels sounds is 20 and the number of consonant sounds is 24.
The vowel sounds are of two types first monophthongs and second diphthongs. The number of monophthongs is 12 and the number of diphthongs is 8.
All the body parts which take part in the process of producing sounds are called the Organs of Speech
No of Questions-28
Share your Results:
प्रश्न=1- a consonant sound is ?
प्रश्न=2- A diphthong is a ?
प्रश्न=3-the sound /d/is represented in ?
प्रश्न=4- a word is made up of?
Q.5 The rounded vowels are
Q. 6 which 1 is active articulator
Q. 7 semi vowel are
Q. 8 Phonetics deals with.......
Q. 9 the sounds which are produced with vibration of vocal cords are called
Q. 10 the point of articulation is determined by...
प्रश्न=11- phonetic transcription makes speech: ?
प्रश्न=12- to write words as they are with the help of IPA is called ?
प्रश्न=13- phonetics is divided into ?
प्रश्न=14- because and apply are ?
प्रश्न=15- the sound /z/ is found in ?
Q.16The abbreviation I.P.A. stands for
Q. 17 The 26 letters are the English alphabet represent
Q.18 phonetics is
Q. 19 articulatory phonetics is the study of
Q. 20 auditory phonetics is the study of
Q.21 the organs of speech can be divided into
22. The number of sounds in English is
23. Total number of letters in English alphabet if combined both the capital and small letters
24. Phonetical transcriptions are usually written in
25. Phonetical transcriptions are written in which type of brackets
26. Phoneticl transcription of the word PEN is
27. /fɑːm/ is the phonetical transcription of the word
28. /bɪˈkʌm/ is the phonetical transcription of which word
Share your Results:
Specially thanks to Post and Quiz makers ( With Regards )