Present Perfect and Perfect Continues Tense
Present Perfect Tense combines the present tense and the perfect aspect used to express an event that happened in the past that has present consequences. This tense is used to show a link between the present and past and is commonly used in everyday conversations, in the news, on the radio, and when writing letters etc.
Present Perfect Tense
To make a sentence in present perfect tense we combine the helping verb “have” and the 3rd form of the main verb.
An example of this combination is:
“have” is the helping verb and “jumped” is the third form of the verb jump.
चुका है, चुकी है, चुके हैं, गया है, लिया है
इनसे कार्य के पूर्ण होने की सूचना मिलती है
This tense is called the PRESENT PERFECT TENSE
I have written stories.
मैं कहानियां लिख चुका हूँ।
Some other forms of this tense are:
Has passed: She has passed the examination.
Have written: We have written three letters already.
Have worked: I have worked here.
Has finished: Bhola has finished his homework.
Have been: My friends have been to Canada.
Has forgotten: She has forgotten her folder.
Present Perfect Tense uses
There are many different situations where the present perfect tense can be used. It can be used in the following ways:
1. To describe an action that is being repeated between the past and present.
- Example: We have gone to the beach many times.
2. To describe an action that started in the past and is still continuing in the present .
- Example: I have lived in the United States since 1990.
To describe an action that has not yet been finished.
- Example: It has rained a lot this month.
To describe an action that was completed in the recent past.
- Example: I have just finished my internship.
To describe an action when time was not an important aspect.
- Example: She has lost her wedding ring.
There are times when we cannot use the present perfect tense. For example, we cannot use it with specific expressions of time that have already finished, such as last year, long ago, yesterday,that month, when I was a baby, etc.
To indicate complete activities in the immediate past .
For example ,
He has just finished the work.
The train has just started.
To express past actions whose time is not given and not definite.
For example ,
I have never known him to be pessimistic.
Mr. John has been to Europe.
To describe past events when we think more of their effect in the present than of the action it self
For example ,
I have finished my homework. (and now I am free).
Mohan has drunk all the milk. (there is no milk in the port)
To denote an action beginning at some time in the past and continuing upto the present moment.
For example ,
I have known him for a long time.
Present Perfect Tense Examples
1. Present perfect tense can be used with expressions that are unspecific in time:-
- I have lost my purse.
- We have seen this movie already.
- He has broken his leg.
There has been an accident.
2.Some examples of present perfect tense used to express an unfinished period of time are:-
- We haven’t seen her today.
- They have been to the mall twice this month.
- She has watched that show three times this week.
3. Examples of present perfect in talking about events that happened in the recent past but the effect of the recent event is still felt in the present include:
- The children have made a mess in the kitchen.
- He has started a new job.
- She has finished her chores.
4. Present perfect tense can be used in questions as well. Here are some examples:
- Where have I left my sandals?
- Have you visited England?
- Has she met John?
PRESENT PERFECT CONTINUOUS TENSE
रहा है, रही है, रहे हैं, रहा हूँ, रही हूँ + समय
इनसे कार्य का कुछ भाग पूर्ण एवं शेष जारी रहने की जानकारी मिलती है। वाक्यों में समय के किसी बिंदु या समयावधि को भी दर्शाया जाता है
This tense is called the PRESENT PERFECT CONTINUOUS TENSE
I have been writing stories for ten years.
मैं दस वर्षों से कहानियां लिख रहा हूँ।
Question – 21
Please select 2 correct answers Share your Results:
Question 1. have you ever .........a horse
Que.2 I ........never known him to ......angry .
Que.3. I think the waiter .......us . We ... here for 30 minutes .
Que .4 I .........have the same car for ages I'm think about getting a new one .
Que .5 much water
Que.6 I ....him 2 days before .
Que 7 Monika and sonika .........together for a long time .
Que8 I ......to japan .
Que.9 our guests........; they are sitting in the garden .
Que .10 I ..... english for five years .
11. How long............for ?
12. we .............in this street for twenty years.
13 he .........in the garden since morning.
14. it ........ Since yesterday.
15. the children ...........in the garden.
16. I .............. This laptop for three years.
17- I .... never known him for a long time.
18- it ..... just.... ten.
19- he ... A mill in ts town.
20- I .... him only one letter up to now.
21- the baby... All the morning.
Please select 2 correct answers
Share your Results:
Specially thanks to Post and Quiz makers ( With Regards )