Look at the following sentences
मैं खाना खा रहा हूँ ।
I am eating food.
मैं खाना नहीं खा रहा हूँ ।
I am not eating food.
क्या मैं खाना खा रहा हूँ ?
Am I eating food ?
क्या मैं खाना नहीं खा रहा हूँ ?
Am I not eating food ?
- Sentence 1 में सामान्य भाव व्यक्त किया गया है। यह एक सकारात्मक वाक्य (Affirmative Sentence) है।
- Sentence 2 में नकारात्मक भाव व्यक्त हुआ है। यह एक नकारात्मक वाक्य (Negative Sentence) है।
- Sentence 3 में प्रश्न पूछने का भाव व्यक्त हुआ है। यह एक प्रश्नवाचक वाक्य (Interrogative Sentence)।है
- Sentence 4 में प्रश्न पूछने के साथ साथ नकारात्मक भाव भी व्यक्त हुआ है। यह एक नकारात्मक प्रश्नवाचक वाक्य (Negative Interrogative Sentence) है।
No of Questions-13
The meaning of an Interrogative sentence is a question. We can divide it into two parts
(A) the interrogative sentences which start with helping verbs. we put the helping verb in the beginning of a sentence to get an interrogative sentence. Examples-
- do you like coffee?
- are they playing the match?
- will you go to kolkata tomorrow?
- can you lift this box?
- should I consult a doctor?
(B) the interrogative sentences which are made by using the wh words. Examples
- what is your name?
- when do you go to school?
- who is playing there?
- how many children are going to take part in the tournament?
- why does it rain in rainy season?
- whose is this red shirt?
NOTE- we can also make an interrogative sentence negative ( Interrogative sentence with a negative sense )
This too can be divided into two parts
(1) sentences which starts with the helping verbs example
- does he not speak English?
- have they not completed the work?
- Will Ramesh not go to school tomorrow?
- Can my friend not win the match?
(2) the sentences which are made by using WH words
- how many students have not come to school?
- why did he not do his work in time?
- why don’t you try once again?
No of Questions-22
Specially thanks to Post and Quiz makers ( With Regards )